Tuesday, September 30, 2014

DEMENTIA ---SOMETIMES IT'S LIKE GROPING IN THE DARK

This week my wife Julian asked me if I remembered something from last Christmas. Well, the truth was that at first I couldn't remember last Christmas at all. Then, I felt as if I was groping in the dark as I explored my memory and suddenly various things came into focus. The loss of memory business is a bit like living in the dusk sometimes, until an an electric light bulb reveals all again. The curious thing that continues to amaze me is how much old memories continue to float to the surface. Nothing very eventful has happened this week, although I have finished the first draft of my book of poems. It is called, 'The Journey, 'Poems for the Soul'. of love, Hope, Tears and Joy. This is my first attempt at poetry and has gone well. Only others can judge the quality, but I enjoyed writing them so much. The book wil be available soon on Amazon, in time for Christmas presents. It will be free as an e book for the first month. The weather has turned very cold this week and we are back to log fires. All well. David Barnato. Paarl. South Africa

No comments:

Post a Comment