Wednesday, November 5, 2014

COCONUT OIL AND MEMORY

Well, memory is still playing tricks, especially with names and faces. This week I met an old friend in the street called George. We started chatting away and he looked increasingly puzzled and then I think hee recaled that I had a dementia problem and he gently said; 'Actually I'm Alfred.' Rather embarassing, but one of the challenges that we dementia people have to deal with. However, the best judge of my situation is my wife and caregiver Julian. She is convinced that there has been an improvement in my cognitive abilities, balance etc., over the past six months. We both agree that memory continues to slip away, but at a very reduced pace and Alzheimer's is a long way away. Hopefuly never!We are both convinced that coco nut oild really does help dementia people. Evidence that my memory still has a long way to go is that I was recently invited to join the German Choir in Paarl. I'm sure that there was a mistake and the sponsor had someone else singing in church, but I decided to have a go. It's about fifty years since I knew even a little Germaan and yet I found that knowledge returning and they havn't sacked me from the choir yet. We have had an enormous amount of rain over a few days, which was ideal as I had just re-seeded my two small lawns. Today it's lovey and sunny and about 29%C., so ideal for grass. Bobby the parrot is talking a lot more than ever and is great fun. Dogs well and I suspect pleased that the rain is over. Julian very busy making wedding dresses, but well and cheerful as always. I am busy working on another book that I started some years ago. David Barnato. Paarl. South Africa

No comments:

Post a Comment