Monday, November 17, 2014

DIET AND MEMORY-COCONUT OIL WORKS!

Last week I left the car in Lady Grey St. and when I came back it had gone. Of course it was the old story, I had actually parked t in Main Street. The only person competent to measure the progress or decline of a dementia person is the caregiver. Over the past month mine has thought that there was a ittle deterioraion, although I thought that there was none. Then Julian reminded me that we had run out of coconut oil the month before and we had forgotten to re-place it. The effect of ging back on coconut oil was immediate, both in terms of memory and cognitive abilities. We will not run out again! Looking at the question of diets I discovered on the ne an interesting diet, which is a combination of salads. We are going to try this and will report back. My writing goes on and I have almost finished another book. It's interesting that there is no declne in my cognitive abilities in that respect. This proves the importance of doing mentally challenging things to fight dementia and Alzheimer's.Ichatters away when I am not around and is very funny. It is mportant to not only exercise the body, but the mind as well. One of the worst thing to do is to sit slumped in front of the television for hours. Social life also plays a part and for some strange reason I was invited to join the German Choir in Paarl. This was very funny actually, as my German is very rusty to say the least. However, it's surprising how much comes back and I am enjoying myself tremendously. We are all well here in Paarl. The pool is still not warm enough for swimming, so poor old Boysie looks longingly at the water. He did go in a couple of times, but quickly droped the activity because of the cold. Bobby the parrot continues to chatter away when I'm not around and is very funny, his immitatons of family members are incredible. Weather is lovey, being not too hot, no doubt as always the very hot weather will be with us for Christmas and it is often the case that at over 40% it is just too hot to et outside. David Barnato. Paarl. South Africa

No comments:

Post a Comment