Sunday, February 8, 2015

ALZHEIMER'S SLIPS IN THROUGH THE DOOR

After managing dementia very well for almost twelve years, on Sunday it grabbed hold of me. When I woke up first thing in the morning I felt very exhaustd. This is unusual for me, because I am verymuch a morning person. Usually I enjoy church on Sundays, but on this day I was barely conscious of it and I have but a vague memory of it. My wife and I go to fifferent churches and I drop her off first. On the way I vaguely remember just avoiding a man and child crossing the road. However Julian says that it was a very near miss and that theen I drove on straddling the two lanes of the road. After church I picked up my daughter Niba and her daughter Nisa to bring them back from lunch. Another accident was only just avoided and my coincidence Julian my wife was being given a lift home from her church and happened to be behind me. Apparently, my driving was terrible and after a discussion I have agreed not to drive anymore. This is one of my worst moments. I feel like a knight without a horse. A feeling of utter depenency has descended and I also now realize that for the past few weeks my memory has begun deteriorating again. Al Zrimer has crept up on me and stabbed me in the back. I thought that I would live longer than the manifestation of the disease, but it looks horribly as if I will slip into the later terrible stages before I die. However, I shall continue fighting and continue with the coconut oil and berry diet, as at least I feel incredibly healthy apart from Alzheimer's. It is interesting that I am able to write this blogg and I am still writing another novel, with no difficulty at all. Long may this last, but I shall press on harder with my writing projects.So as always I count my blessings. The weather here is now cooler at night and the weather seems to have changed as the night and day temperatures are typical of March. However, very pleasant. The dogs are well and Bobby the parrot continues to whistle at females and talk when he thinks no one can here him! David Barnarto. Paarl. South Africa.

No comments:

Post a Comment