Wednesday, October 7, 2015

A cure for Alzheimer's?

Well, I am not sure if it really is a cure, but great claims are being made about Tumeric and after taking it for some months I think that my deterioration has slowed down to almost nothing. This spice is cheap and easily available and of course used in curries and other spicey meals. Other than eating curries every day the way that I take it is to mix half a teaspoon of Tumeric with a heaped teaspoon of cocoa and add boiling water a liitle at a time to obtain a smoothe past and then a cup full of spiced cocoa is created. Add a teaspoon of honey and even a little sugar. This is a pleasant drink and statistics do show that the number of cases of Alzheimer's in India is very low. Dementia is also very low, but of course one must take into account the low average lifespan. As dementia and Alzheimer's are more evident in older people. I am still continuing with my three teaspoons of cold pressed extra virgin coconut oil and my fruit diet. Both have helped me enormously, but I think that the addition of Tumeric has been a great benefit. My Alzheimer's has now been with me for ten years' so I am doing very well and although I do have creeping memory loss and some cognitive difficulties I am still driving and writing books. My most recent one written under my pen name of David Barnato has had a very good reception. Sales are mainly in the form of e books from Amazon and so not immensely profitable, but nevertheless very rewarding emotionally. We are all well and the three dogs now barking fluently on Afrikaans. Bobby the parrot copntinues to entertain and is I am sure pleased that warmer Spring weather is upon us, although the nights are still cold. However, the drought continues and the dams ony 60% full. Water rationing is a certainty. I am working steadily on the garden and I recently built a greenhouse. So rewarding to soo the seedlings growing daily. I also created a vegetable garden. Our avocado tree was particularly rewarding with over 100 giant avocados this year. so one way or another life is very busy. Julian's dress hire business has really taken off and she works very long hours creating more and more beautiful dresses. She has taken on another member of staff to help with the dressmaking and alterations, so life is very exciting for us. David Barnato. Paarl. South Africa

No comments:

Post a Comment