Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Thank You

Thanks to the many people who told others about my books. Most sales come through Amazon and a tiny trickle of royalties comes in every month. I hope to write one more book in 2016. That will be the last I expect. However I am gratful to have been able to to write five books during the ten years that I have had Alzheimer's. I am now just entering stage three but I have fought Al Zheimer every inch of the way with diet research and improved life style. The fading memory is slowly receding, but as always odd and there is no set pattern. Forgetting names and faces came first, it is now words. Often simple words that I struggle to remember, such as cucumber and other simple everyday stuff. Usually the lost name pops into my head later. so it is not yet a serious problem. Today it is very hot here in Paarl and it is now 41%C. We have water rationing because of the drought and we will only be able to use the pool for a few more weeks. However we are very happy. The three dogs are still going although like me getting old now. Boysie stll loves swimming and diving into the pool. Polly still dislikes small children and Snowy sleeps a lot. Bobby the parrot still whistles away and tals when no one is around. Poor South Africa struggles on with drought, a bankrupt postal service, disfunctional railways, electricity challenges and of course ever growing crime. The rand keeps falling which makes SA an incredibly cheap place to holiday, so the news is not all bad. Looking back over the last five years and thinking about my books I think that the best one was 'Christmas Day and Fridays'.This is about the farm and written through the eys and mind of Boysie. He became a little famous for a while because of the Rainbow Boy bloggs that I wrote on the farm. I also quite like my bookof poetry 'The Journey'. I had never seriously written poetry before, but I think that it is rather good. These days I reflect a lot on the past and the many things that I have done. I left school at fifteen but when I was eighteen I became a teacher at the Berlitz school in Barcelona. I taught both English Literature and of course language. Because of my restless nature I travelled to many places and worked at many things. Later I went into business and as predicted by a Gypsy fortune teller I made and lost three fortunes. What a blessed and wonderful life I have had. I wish the very best to everyone and hope that peace will come to the world in 2016. It is always darkest before the dawn. God bless you all. David. Paarl

No comments:

Post a Comment