Tuesday, December 2, 2014

DIET CURE FOR DEMENTIA

According to my caregiver Julian there has been an improvement in my memory. Although it was not anticipated that the diet would bring back lost memory, it appears to have stopped any further deterioration. The tests will continue and we hope by January to be able to confirm that there really is a way to stop dementia and resumably Alzheimer's. The logic about Alzheimer's is of course based on the fact that dementia is only a symptom of Alzheimer's or something equally bad, such as Parkinsons etc. Apart from the new diet, the other measures outlined in my book; My Dementia and I' are also part of the process. These being exercise of mind and body, prayer and meditation. However, the diet is we believe something very specific. We are all we;l here in Paarl. Bobby the parrot is increasingly talking and now coies my voice and gives the dogs orders. Poor Snowey is the most confused and spends his day running backwards and forwards. Boysie has done some swimming in the pool, but the water is not yet quite warm enough for me [ born coward Julian is working round the clock to complete a very special bridal gown for a wedding just before Christmas. Poor girl is exhausted. My latest book is finished and is due to be published on Amazon next week. It's a novel called 'Why Billy Butcher Killed His Dad.'Based in England in the 1950s and sixties. Thanks to all those who bought copies of The Journey. The proceeds are going towards the Paarl Dementia Mentors Group. Weather here is wonderful, but has been rater windy. The garden is looking good and the fountain which leaked has almost been re-built. Recently I was invited to join the Paarl German Choir. I protested about my almost forgotten German, but it is going rather well and I am enjoying it immensely. I would really recomend singing to help with dementia. David Barnato. Paarl South Africa

No comments:

Post a Comment